Why you can trust us
- 407 Cloud Software Products and Services Tested
- 3056 Annual Software Speed Tests
- 2400 plus Hours Usability Testing
Our team of experts thoroughly test each service, evaluating it for features, usability, security, value for money and more. Learn more about how we conduct our testing.
NFTs are all the rage these days because they provide a way for artists and content creators to sell their NFT collections for thousands, if not millions of dollars. In 2021 alone, NFT trades totaled a whopping $17 billion, up 21,000% from the previous year. Unfortunately, the boom has also attracted a deluge of NFT scams.
These scams can make you lose your NFTs or make them worthless in one fell swoop. You may even end up buying NFTs that will disappear before you can turn a profit.
- As the NFT market grows, fraudsters are finding innovative ways to separate NFT creators from their hard-earned digital assets.
- The most common NFT cons are phishing, bidding scams, pump-and-dump scams and counterfeit NFTs.
- To protect your NFTs, avoid phishing sites and never share your master password with anyone or any website. In addition, always research and verify an NFT before making a purchase.
- To anonymize and encrypt your traffic, use a robust VPN service.
Meet the experts
Learn more about our editorial team and our research process.
The difficulty with NFT scams is that they’re continuously evolving and you might not know exactly…