– IRS boss Charles Rettig warns stimulus check and Child Tax Credit recipients to pay “extra attention” on their tax returns
– Various states reach $1.85 Navient settlement to write off student debt for thousands
– There could soon be a fourth stimulus check for Social Security recipients
– IRS warns that the backlog of six million tax filings could cause tax refund delays
– Seniors could see their Social Security benefits increased to $1,657
– USDA releases the payment schedule for SNAP food stamp benefits
– The Consumer Price Index grew 0.5 percent last month, 7 percent over the course of 2021
– Which states are offering a fourth stimulus check this year?
– CFTB has now sent out the final round of Golden State stimulus checks
Useful information & links:
Tax Season 2021
– When will my employer send me a W-2 form?
– What benefits are availabletoparents and guardiansthis tax season?
– What are the dates to submit your tax return?
Child Tax Credit
– Can families expect to claim more from the Child Tax Credit when they file their taxes?
– No January Child Tax Credit payment after Congress failed to extend the programme last month
– Senator Manchin says he is yet to be convinced on President Biden’s Build Back Better proposals.
– How many stimulus checks were approved during the last 12 months?